Monday, March 17, 2014

Dream Big

So, as many of you know, I am obsessed with Soulpancake. I took 4 minutes this morning and treated myself to a new video they posted, and fell in love with their ideas all over again (See video below).

In this video, they talk about dreams. They never talk about how they will fulfill them or how they will build on them...they merely stated their dream(s) and that was enough.

I began thinking about my dreams, and immediately I thought of the following:

1) To possess the gift to make people realize the greatness in their lives
2) To help groups of people (teams, co-workers...etc) identify their strengths and motivate their thirst for
     success. To enable them to overcome challenges and reach a productive dynamic among all participants.
3) To acknowledge the small success in my life so that I may move forward toward the larger ones.
4) To always keep going, no matter what obstacle surfaces
5) To keep an open mind
6) To never lose faith in myself, my loved ones and especially in God
7) To never stop dreaming

I refrain from dreams including big houses, shiny cars, fancy clothes and lots of money because, to me, that stuff isn't as important. Sure, it would be nice to be able to treat myself to what I WANT sometimes instead of just what I NEED, but if I were able to do that all the time, I would not be able to appreciate it as much as I do.

Instead, I want to talk to coaches and teachers and bosses about problematic behaviors and collaborate on the most effective way to develop a solution. I want to instill the importance of commodore and support in individuals who make up a group of people coming together for a common purpose. I want to see the results and changes as groups go through these renovations.

I want to provoke people to challenge their bad days with small projects that promote positive mindfulness. I want positivity  to permeate through people's thought process. I want to create situations where people WANT to take the time to focus on what is right in front of them in order to take a time-out of their daily routine. Soulpancake does this daily. I think there should be a Soulpancake-type organization everywhere. I want to be the person that starts it here! I guess that is my big dream.

I dream that one day, people see the beauty in everything. That people will be more tolerable and less judgmental. That people will accept the shades of grey in life and not just black or white. I dream that hate dissipates and love prevails.  And most of all...I dream I am a part of making any of this happen.

I know this all sounds far fetched and like my head is in the clouds, but after all, isn't that why they call it a "dream"? Besides, if we didn't have such dreams, what would motivate us? If we dream big, we will hopefully do big, and if we do big, we see big results.

Ready, set, do BIG!



Peace and Joy,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lost in Loss

I've written this over and over, trying to get it right. To make sure that what I say holds the value and worth it deserves. But the tru...