Monday, March 3, 2014

Dear Lord

Hello again, readers. Today's post will be a little different. 
Given all the recent news about death, crime, illness and injury, and my work day already filled with diagnoses, addiction, custody battles and frustration, AND car problems, I find myself just constantly saying "Dear Lord"!! So with that, I would like to follow up on those words and start with a prayer:

Dear Lord,
Please help those most in need of your guidance, for their weakness portrays doubt. Please help me and all those close to me to be more conscious of your presence and everlasting light. Lord, I pray for the families and friends of those who lost a loved one, may they may find peace in your love and grace. I pray for those who are ill, that you will comfort them with your presence. I pray for those dealing with addiction, may they find strength through prayer and courage, and may your light guide them to recovery. I pray you grant me with the power of understanding and strength to maintain my positive impact on those I work for and work with. Lord, I look up to you in all your wonder and I will take this time to thank You for all You do and for Your will. Thank You for all of my blessings, all my wisdom and for the ability to do all things through You. In Your name I pray, Amen.

Okay, I feel a little better now.

At times, it is hard for me to remember that I cannot use ALL my strengths for someone else's weaknesses. I have my own weaknesses to improve upon. I know it is part of my job to turn my client's weaknesses into strengths, but there's only so much I can do....and I need to understand that I am not going to help everyone.

On a brighter note: I had a pretty great weekend! I got to do some of my favorite things. We prepped for spring by planting flowers, I got to watch softball in the beautiful weather we had (and managed to get a good sunburn in the process), I watched the Oscars (mostly because Ellen cracks me up and makes me smile a lot), and we grilled! Simple, yet so nice. 

There's not really much I want to say today. I just wanted to say a quick prayer for those who may be struggling with death, illness, addiction or some other life-altering event. Sometimes it is hard to pray when you are in the middle of the storm, so I try and do my part and pray for them. 

God bless you all!

Peace and joy,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lost in Loss

I've written this over and over, trying to get it right. To make sure that what I say holds the value and worth it deserves. But the tru...