Sunday, February 1, 2015

Questions and Naked Truths

What if we stripped our minds of fear and judgement? What if we exposed our brains to vulnerability? What if we took off the cloak that our thoughts hide behind? What type of person would you be if you exposed your truths?

The naked brain....what a though, right? As much information we take in, we also expell just as much. The observational question here is, do they match? We, as a people, tend to leave parts of ourselves a mystery. We opt to diclose different things about our lives to different people. Why do we censor ourselves to some and not others? Is it fear? Is it a protective factor? Is it our subconscious?

And is it in our best interest to process everything we take in? Does it result in a truer response, or does it allow us to edit the perceptions to better fit our lives? Do we make information relate to us? For instance, I find a way to make every song I hear apply to my life somehow. Now if I really had all the things in the songs I hear going on in my life, I would live in constant chaos....but I find myself enjoying the song so much more when I can find meaning in it.

Do we live up to our expectations, or do we try to live up to the expectations others have of us? And would we admit that?

Questions...we answer them every day. But have you ever stopped to think about what they do for us? No matter what the question, it makes us evaluate ourselves in order to come up with an answer. Favorite color, choice in music, which health insurance plan to go with. It's a wonder how some of us swear we don't know ourselves.

We hear "I dunno" all the time too. Do we really not know, or are we deflecting? Or are we too lazy to answer? Or is the question not challenging enough or intellectually stimulating enough?

Who knows....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lost in Loss

I've written this over and over, trying to get it right. To make sure that what I say holds the value and worth it deserves. But the tru...